Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ohhhhh C'mon Irene. . . la la lalala

Well. . . we survived the big storm. And then we went out and took pictures and played in the water---Zach warned me that I would get worms. . .I said probably only ring worm. . been there done that. Don't worry all you people looking at that brown water. . . I just went in up to my shins. Sunday we took a walk to survey the damage and enjoy the gusting winds. We love wind. The golf course behind us was completely under water. I think it looks better this way.

After the storm and a bit of cloudiness the sky had it's moments of bright blue. It was wonderful outside. And still is actually. I'm sitting here on my couch listening to the crickets and other bug-monsters communicating outside while a soft cool wind streams through the house. I love it. Absolutely love it. I can't wait until this type of cool windy weather is the norm.

Also, if you were wondering, besides flooding the storm wasn't actually that bad. Zach is the one who actually knocked all those trees down. He had to use his super-power energy for something. Unless one landed on your car, then it was definitely the wind.

Living right beside the canal is pretty much one of the only redeeming factors of living in these apartments (ok and the location and the neighbors). When we go on walks or bike riding it is not rare to come across some wildlife.

We had a wonderful relaxing weekend. I enjoyed the weather and I hope that come Monday I don't hear any horror stories at work. I am pretty sure I am the only one in that whole office building that didn't stock up and fill my bathtub with water. And yes, I do feel smarter for not freaking out.

Miss you and love you all.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it! You are the smartest of them all, those Yanks don't know what a real hurricane is :)

    ReplyDelete