Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Good Times. . . .

This past Sunday five of my closest girlfriends road-tripped all the way to Princeton, NJ. We had a wonderful time. They arrived on a Wednesday. Unfortunately I had to work Thursday and Friday morning. . . . however we managed to have a grand ol' time none the less. Wednesday and Thursday night was spent hanging out and touristing around the town. Princeton is beautiful so it is fun to show people around, but it's also kinda hot out and. . . .well I was real tired.



We also went out to Terhune Orchards. . . which is favorite. This time I did two things there I had never done. . . .tried their Cider Slush----delicious and refreshing---and fed the goats for a wopping dime. Zach and I definitely felt more at home after realizing we know Princeton well enough to show our friends a good time.



Friday night was so great. We. . . .me, Cally, Jenni, Halie, Hollis, Megan, and my dear wonderful friends Rae and Ruth. . . . drank some amazing Sangria. . .among other yummies. . . .and played hilarious games---Three Round Charades and Catch Phrase. It's so fun to act silly and laugh so dang hard with your closest pals (sigh--miss them already). We all had such a great time.


Saturday morning we woke up (some slower and sicker than others) and headed out to NYC. We took the ferry which is always so much fun and super convenient. Once we got there we headed straight to Times Square to pick up our tickets for Promises Promises. While we waited for the show we headed to Ellens Stardust Diner. Also a grand ol' time. Watching waiters and waitresses sing (some quite well) while waiting on tables is very impressive. Finally it was time for the show! Soooo good. Highly recommend it. After the show we wandered around the city. Highlights: couple doin' the nasty in Central Park right next to the entrance of Strawberry Fields, searched for Once Upon a Tart in SOHO (closed :( ), had a delicious dinner in Greenwich Village. . . . Yay for good times and amazing friends.




On another happy note. I got a new job! Though I will miss Starbucks and its inhabitants. . . . I am looking forward to learning a new job, having a more normal work schedule (8:30-5 Mon-Fri), and having the opportunity to save a bit more money. I will be working at an Ophthalmologists Office as one of 7 (?) front desk assistants. Did I mention I am excited about being able to wear perfume, paint my nails, wear my hair down, and not come home smelling like coffee? Oh. . and scrubs! Thank you, Jesus!

Miss you and love you all!

1 comment: