Tuesday, May 18, 2010

And it begins. . .


After many many many months of contemplation I made my decision.

I joined a gym!

That's right. With my own hard earned money I will be paying to enter a building, sweat, get rill stinky, and cause pain to my own God-given body. I will not be using that hard earned money to buy a pretty new outfit. . . or to see lots of movies. . . or to go out to eat with my hub-dub. Nope. . .I will be climbing pretend stairs and working out in (semi)unison with complete strangers.

Needless to say. . .

I am so dang excited.

I know that Zach would have preferred me to simply go jogging or do push-ups and sit-ups and chin-ups and hand-squeezy exercises. All for free. Unfortunately for him, I don't work like that. I need to feel like a absolutely have to go workout. And money does that for me. Fortunately for me, I have a loving husband who supports me and my money consuming desires. When I came home from the tour of the gym I sat down with Zach and reluctantly told him the gym fees. I was surprised when he said, "OK," and then started talking about something else. I went back to the gym topic. . . making sure that he wasn't just trying to avoid the matter. . . and he informed me that he understood and it sounded like something I really wanted to do.
(le sigh) I love my husband and I love our good communication (kinda related to this convo kinda not. . . but I'm just saying. . I love him/it).

The gym

Love you and miss you all.


1 comment:

  1. You go Guuurl! :)

    I run outside three times a week.. and wish it were on a treadmill in an air-conditioned gym.. concrete is the worst thing ever to run on and my knees and shins hate me for it.

    Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete