Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sad.

I want to tell you a little story. It's not finished yet but who cares. I think it's simply amazing.

As some of your know Zach and I have become very good friends with a family up here in Princeton; the Hedges family. Ruth, Eric, Autumn, and Bella have brought a lot of laughter and deep thought moments into our lives and we are very happy that we have had a chance to get to know them. In a year and a half, they will definitely be missed. I wish there was a way for me to build up this very short---and incomplete----story, but it's simply not really mine to tell therefore there is only so much I can say. A close family member of Eric and Ruth's is very ill. That individual wanted to take a road trip as a last hoorah before getting too sick to enjoy much more. Somewhere along the trip she became too sick to venture forward(this is where I believe God comes in). She ended up in Saint Augustine, Florida. Out of ALL PLACES. She ended up in a place where Ruth and Erics good friends call home. Ruth, Eric, and Autumn flew down to join their family in Saint Augustine. There were met by hospitable people and many suggestions on where to eat delicious food. I just think it's so crazy the way life works out. I mean out of all places, they ended up in Saint Augustine. If they have a question about anything in Saint Augustine they can just call us up! Rae and Kevin even found a place for them where they could stay for free! Life is so crazy and God really does work in mysterious---sometimes infuriating----ways.

Please keep the Hedges in your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

  1. That is a sad story. But it's also incredible! God really does do some strange things sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kaley. It was a beautiful place with many friendly people. I have nothing but good things to say about St Augustine. Nicest beach I've ever been to :-).

    ReplyDelete